How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & How to Listen with Understanding (Parents of Toddlers to Teens)
January 28th from 3:30pm- 5:30pm
$45.00 Per Person & Additional Caregiver +$15.00
This class is rich in real life tools and allows parents the chance to practice what they have learned in class, taking the skills from theory to practical application! A favorite class all around!
- Recognizing what behavior is telling you
- How to talk to children about behavior so they will want to fix it
- Common things we say that stop communication and what to say instead
- How to listen to children so you can understand and help them succeed
- How to help your children when they are upset (How to ease angry outbursts)
- How to understand what your child’s behavior is telling you
WINTER COURSES NOW OPEN
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) Full Course
La Jolla Evening Course
When: Thursday Evenings, January 25-March 15 from 6:30 pm -9:30 pm
Location: Beth Montessori
8660 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
Instructor: Nikki Weill
Jerabek Elementary Course
This course if for parents of children at Jerabek Elementary or staff at Jerabek Elementary.
Due to campus security restrictions only parents and staff are allowed on campus during school hours.
When: Eight Wednesday Afternoons from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
February 14, 21
March 7, 14, 21
April 4, 11, 18
Location: Jerabek Elementary
Instructor: Kelly Meier
P.E.T. is an intensive 8-week group parenting class workshop. The tuition of a P.E.T. workshop is $249.00 per individual and $375.00 per couple includes a $45 materials fee. A minimum non-refundable payment of $45 is due up front to secure your spot. Courses are 24 total course hours, ensuring not only a grasp of new concepts and ideas but a firm knowledge of how to implement skills.
Everyone blames parents; we yell too much, we aren’t attached, we are not patient enough, and drive our children into troubled teens. Or, we are too attached, helicopter too much, and are not preparing our kids for real-life problems.
Parent Effectiveness Training workshops are judgment-free. We don’t blame, we don’t shame, and we don’t mess with your values. We are simply here to help you acquire very practical communication and conflict resolution skills so you can feel more confident as a parent, instill responsibility and create a nurturing family environment in which your child can thrive. Some have said P.E.T. is life-changing, but there is no magic to it. It’s like learning how to drive a car, it takes time and practice. We work with any skill level, with parents of children all ages. We encourage you to make mistakes and have fun while learning.
Practical tools to help you parent with more confidence:
- How to Listen Better so that you create Strong Relationships with your children and keep an open line of communication into their teen years.
- How to Be Clear about Behaviors of your children that are not okay with you so that you as a Parent Get Your Needs met as well.
- How to help your children develop into Strong, Self-Sufficient, Responsible Adults.
- How to Problem Solve in a much better way without resorting to power to Reduce Stress & Resentment within your family.
Full Course Pricing: $249.00 per person/$375.00 per couple
(24 total course hours at approximately $9-$12.00 per hour )
Get a group of 6 or more together and ask about creating a new course or workshop near you.
Schedule a Private Workshop
$25.00 per per person for one of the workshops listed above ($120.00 minimum for two hour workshop)
Principles from the 8 week Parent Effectiveness Training Course
To register call (619) 876-8402
Private Consults: $85.00/hour
Two Hour Workshops (Not Currently Scheduled)
Parenting Tips for a More Peaceful Family (Parents of Toddlers to Teens)
- The three kinds of time every family needs
- How to have more fun with your family
- How to develop routines that work
- How to set up an environment that decreases nagging and yelling
- How to have some free time with a preschooler, toddler or crawler
- How to say “yes” more often
- How to find the balance between power and permissiveness
Sibling Struggles- Helping Without Taking Sides
How to Deal with Sibling Rivalry
3 hour workshop
- How to address conflict without taking sides
- How to help children solve their own problems so you don’t have to
- What to do when your kids start fighting
- How to improve sibling relationships and have more fun with your kids.
Resolving Family Conflict (Parents of Toddlers to Teens)
- What is behavior telling? (looking at behavior in a new way – there is no ‘mis’ behavior – only behavior)
- How to identify needs and recognize when conflicting needs are causing problems
- How to address conflicting needs
- The six steps of problem solving
- How to find a solutions that everyone can agree on
- How to solve problems from bedtime to screen time
- What to do when the agreements stop working