Fall Schedule NOW AVAILABLE! Sign up at the bottom of page.
Upcoming Two Hour Workshops at
How to Deal with Sibling Rivalry – 3 hour workshop – $50.00 per person
Wonderful & Wild – Hillcrest
1007 University Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
Tuesday, August 29th 10am – Wonderful & Wild
Saturday, September 9th, 2:30 pm – Wonderful & Wild
- How to address conflict without taking sides
- How to help children solve their own problems so you don’t have to
- What to do when your kids start fighting
- How to improve sibling relationships and have more fun with your kids
Parenting Tips for a More Peaceful Family (Parents of Toddlers to Teens)
Babies in Bloom, Vista
1948 Via Centre Dr, Vista, CA
Monday, August 28, 12 pm – 2 pm
- The three kinds of time every family needs
- How to have more fun with your family
- How to develop routines that work
- How to set up an environment that decreases nagging and yelling
- How to have some free time with a preschooler, toddler or crawler
- How to say “yes” more often
- How to find the balance between power and permissiveness
Resolving Family Conflict (Parents of Toddlers to Teens)
Not currently scheduled
- What is behavior telling? (looking at behavior in a new way – there is no ‘mis’ behavior – only behavior)
- How to identify needs and recognize when conflicting needs are causing problems
- How to address conflicting needs
- The six steps of problem solving
- How to find a solutions that everyone can agree on
- How to solve problems from bedtime to screen time
- What to do when the agreements stop working
How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listening with Understanding (Parents of Toddlers to Teens) – $50.00 per person
Check Back Soon – Not currently scheduled
This class is rich in real life tools and allows parents the chance to practice what they have learned in class, taking the skills from theory to practical application! A favorite class all around!
- Recognizing what behavior is telling you
- How to talk to children about behavior so they will want to fix it
- Common things we say that stop communication and what to say instead
- How to listen to children so you can understand and help them succeed
- How to help your children when they are upset (How to ease angry outbursts)
- How to understand what your child’s behavior is telling you
Fall Course – Scripps Ranch, September 12 – October 31st
Eight Tuesday Mornings at 9:30 am – 12:30 am
Sign Up Form at Bottom of Page
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) Full Course
P.E.T. is an intensive 8-week group parenting class workshop. The Cost of a P.E.T. workshop is $250 individuals ($395 couples) PLUS a $45 materials fee. A minimum payment of $45 is due up front to secure your spot. Courses are 24 total course hours, ensuring not only a grasp of new concepts and ideas but a firm knowledge of how to implement skills.
Everyone blames parents; we yell too much, we aren’t attached, we are not patient enough, and drive our children into troubled teens. Or, we are too attached, helicopter too much, and are not preparing our kids for real life problems.
Parent Effectiveness Training workshops are judgment free. We don’t blame, we don’t shame, and we don’t mess with your values. We are simply here to help you acquire very practical communication and conflict resolution skills so you can feel more confident as a parent, instill responsibility and create a nurturing family environment in which your child can thrive. Some have said P.E.T. is life-changing, but there is no magic to it. It’s like learning how to drive a car, it takes time and practice. We work with any skill level, with parents of children all ages. We encourage you to make mistakes and have fun while learning.
Practical tools to help you parent with more confidence:
- How to Listen Better so that you create Strong Relationships with your children and keep an open line of communication into their teen years.
- How to Be Clear about Behaviors of your children that are not okay with you so that you as a Parent Get Your Needs met as well.
- How to help your children develop into Strong, Self-Sufficient, Responsible Adults.
- How to Problem Solve in a much better way without resorting to power to Reduce Stress & Resentment within your family.
Full Course Pricing: $249.00 per person/$375.00 per couple
(24 total course hours at approximately $9-$12.00 per hour )
Get a group of 6 or more together and ask about creating a new course or workshop near you.
Schedule a Private Workshop
$25.00 per per person for one of the workshops listed above ($120.00 minimum for two hour workshop)
Principles from the 8 week Parent Effectiveness Training Course
To register call (619) 876-8402
Private Consults: $85.00/hour